About Our Consulting Practice
Not all school improvement or leadership development challenges can be solved through training alone. In GLISI’s consulting practice, we work side-by-side with you to solve leadership challenges through a customized suite of services. GLISI’s team includes expert practitioners and skilled researchers who craft effective solutions that lead to strong leaders, more effective instruction, and student success.
Our track record of successful consulting solutions includes helping partners to implement:
- aligned talent management systems that connect leader competencies with hiring, selection, observations, and feedback;
- customized aspiring leaders programs;
- systems for leadership pipeline management and succession planning;
- executive coaching to assist in transforming central office to grow principals as instructional leaders; and
- strategic improvement plans that represent input from key community members including parents, clergy, youth development partners, businesses, board members, school leaders, teachers and students.
A Solution Customized for You
GLISI’s work with district partners is guided by research on the most effective consulting practices. At the heart of our approach is a commitment to helping our partners improve teaching, learning, and student outcomes. To do this, we begin by listening carefully and assessing your needs and strengths. GLISI’s consulting staff draw on years of successful experience leading schools and districts, and on cutting-edge research, to prescribe an approach to achieve your goals.
GLISI’s Custom Consulting solutions often include a combination of coaching, professional development, and process facilitation designed to help partners make new leadership practices part of the routine culture of a school or district. If you are ready to lead change in your district, GLISI is a proven partner that will help you get there successfully. Use our research on effective consulting organizations to assess us or your other consulting partners!
GLISI’s Implementation Consulting is an invitation-only service provided to qualified districts that helps them implement the team-based improvement process taught at Base Camp and Leadership Summit. Implementation Consulting projects are renewable for up to three school years and focus on:
- Building capacity of district leaders, principals, and assistant principals to set direction for teams and monitor team progress
- Putting in place team processes including regular meeting schedules and meeting protocols
- Building teacher leader capacity to analyze data and conduct root cause analysis
- Helping teacher teams to use data to make changes in instruction
- Putting in place team process for measuring progress and monitoring data
Districts that have participated in Base Camp and Leadership Summit within the most recent two school years are invited to submit proposals to participate. Up to two district partners are selected annually. Current Implementation Consulting districts are Paulding County School District, Tattnall County Schools, and Morgan County Charter School System.